CC Services LLC, Version 1.0, Last Revised: 30 July 2015
CC Services LLC
235 Alma Street
Palo Alto, California, 94301
3. A Note About Children. We do not intentionally gather Personal Data from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits Personal Data to Company and we learn that the Personal Data is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
5. Types of Data We Collect. “Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data; Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described below.
(a) Information You Provide to Us.
· We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, telephone number, professional title, company name, and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
· When you use our Services to place an order for testing with a Laboratory User, we will collect all information required by the Laboratory User, including your name, location, type of test requested and delivery information.
· We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
· If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply or improve our services.
· If you are a Customer, when you post content (text, images, photographs, messages, comments or any other kind of content that is not your e-mail address) on our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored in our servers and other registered users of our Services will be able to see it, along with any other information that you choose to make public on your profile page (“Profile”).
· If you are a Lab, any content that you include on your page on our Site can be viewed by other registered Users of our Services.
· When you post messages on the message boards of our Site or when you post a rating or evaluation of another Registered User, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers and other users will be able to see it.
· When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
· We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, Internet browser type and version, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Services.
· We may also collect Personal Data at other points in our Site that state that Personal Data is being collected.
(b) Information Collected via Technology.
· Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Site and Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
· Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (“ISP”), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Site, track Users’ movements around the Site, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our Users’ needs. For example, some of the information may be collected so that when you visit the Site or the Services again, it will recognize you, and the information could then be used to serve information appropriate to your interests.
· Pixel Tags In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
(c) Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
(d) Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from Labs that offer their testing services on our Site. These third party companies may supply us with Personal Data. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Site in order to improve the Services we provide.
6. Use of Your Personal Data
(a) General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
· send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when you created your Account;
· facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
· identify you as a User in our system;
· communicate your information when you submit an order to a Lab;
· provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
· provide the Services you request;
· improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services;
· send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
· make telephone calls to you, from time to time, as a part of secondary fraud protection or to solicit your feedback; and
· send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Company.
(b) User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from Users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish testimonials or other comments, we may identify our Users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city, but only if we have obtained the User’s consent prior to posting such content. We may post User comments on the Site from time to time with a User’s first name and last initial only, in which case we will not obtain the User’s consent prior to posting.
(c) Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Services and improve Site navigation. We reserve the right to use Anonymous Data for any purpose and disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in our sole discretion.
(a) Users. We will share your Personal data with other Registered Users solely for the purpose of providing the Services.
(b) Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Site; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to the Company.
(e) Disclosure to Third Party Companies. We may enter into agreements with companies that offer their products and/or services on our website (“Third Party Companies”). A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Data that we collect from its customers. As a result, we may disclose your Personal Data to a Third Party Company; however, we will not disclose your Personal Data to any Third Party Company for the Third Party Company’s own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions we provide to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of these Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Data that we collect and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because we do not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
(f) Public Profile. Certain portions of the information you provide to us may also be displayed in your Profile. As an essential element of the Services, most of the Personal Data you explicitly provide to us when you register or update your Profile is displayed on your Profile. We may display this content on the Site, in which case it will be viewable by other Registered Users. Once displayed on the Site, that information can be collected and used by others. Except for restricting access to Registered Users, we do not control who reads your Profile or postings or what such Registered Users may do with the information that you include in your Profile or voluntarily post. Once you have included the information in your Profile or posted the information, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Site, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others.
9. Your Choices Regarding Information. You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Service:
(b) Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Service or all functionality of the Service. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know at the contact information provided below.
(c) Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com. In the future you will also be able to change your Personal Information editing your profile within your Account. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.